2013 MANUSCRIPT ACCEPTANCE PERIOD CLOSED
- The deadline for submissions from any writer with Saline County connections is August 1, 2013. The theme for 2013 is "The Late Fifties: Saline County and Elsewhere".
- Entries may be mailed in hard copy to Authorene Phillips at 21561 Lime Avenue, Marshall MO 65340 or emailed to email@example.com. Each entry must be typed and include a cover sheet with the title, author's name, address, phone number and a brief paragraph about the author ALONG WITH A STATEMENT GIVING THE GUILD PERMISSION TO PRINT YOUR WORK ON THEIR WEB SITE IF THAT IS ACCEPTABLE WITH YOU.
- Entries will not be returned and will become the property of the Marshall Writers' Guild and first time publishing rights will be assumed.
- Writers whose work is selected for publication will be notified and POSSIBLY announced in the media along with the publication date and where the booklet may be purchased.
- Three to five poems may be submitted with a total of 60 lines and may be single spaced. The guild prefers poems of 30 or fewer lines. Prose pages should be numbered, and entries limited to 1,500 words or less.
- Photographs are welcome and graphics or original art work on the topic will be considered. Guild booklets are published in black and white.