|Notes and Notables of Saline County, the Marshall Writer's Guild's 2014 booklet, is on sale at the Red Cross Pharmacy and on the square at Jerry's Menswear & Lin's Fashion. Bikes from the Past (the Jim the Wonder Dog Museum) is closed for the winter. Earlier guild booklets are:|
Grant funding to assist with publication is provided by the Missouri Writers' Guild and Walmart.
- The Late Fifties, Marshall and Elsewhere, 2013
- The Early Fifties, Marshall and Elsewhere, 2012
- The Forties, 2011
- The Great Depression BitterSweet Days 1929-1939, 2010
- Saline Silhouettes, 2009
- More Marshall MOments, 2008
- Marshall MOments, 2007
- Personalities, 2006
- Once Upon a Time, 2005
- The Wonder of It All, 2004
- Treasures, 2003
- Memories, 2002
- Seasons of the Mind, 2001
- Reflections, 2000.
2014 MANUSCRIPT ACCEPTANCE PERIOD CLOSED
- The deadline for submissions from any writer with Saline County connections is August 1, 2014. The theme for 2014 is "Notes and Notables of Saline County". The format is non-fiction or poetry.
- Entries may be mailed in hard copy to Authorene Phillips at 21561 Lime Avenue, Marshall MO 65340 or emailed to email@example.com. Each entry must be typed using Microsoft Word, 12-point, Times New Roman, double spaced, and include a cover sheet with the title, author's name, address, phone number, and a brief paragraph about the author. Also include a statement giving permission to print the work on the Guild's web site if that is acceptable.
- Entries will not be returned and will become the property of the Marshall Writers' Guild and first time publishing rights will be assumed.
- Writers whose work is selected for publication will be notified and possibly announced in the media along with the publication date and where the booklet may be purchased.
- Three to five poems may be submitted with a total of 60 lines and may be single spaced. The guild prefers poems of 30 or fewer lines. Prose pages should be numbered, and entries limited to 1,500 words or less.
- Photographs are welcome and graphics or original art work on the topic will be considered. Guild booklets are published in black and white.
|Content Manager and Contact: Authorene Phillips ~ firstname.lastname@example.org | GUILD HOME|